Diet to gain muscle mass
Many thin people are uncomfortable with their weight deficit, on the other hand, there are those who, although in ideal weight, want to improve their appearance by increasing the size of their muscles. In both cases, a coherent and effective diet plan is required to provide the necessary nutrients for the muscles to grow and the desired change is generated.
So if you are looking for a diet to gain muscle mass , keep reading this article on how we propose a perfect diet for what you are looking for.
Why it is beneficial to increase muscle mass
Wanting to gain muscle without gaining weight , ie increasing muscle mass but not body fat, is not just an aesthetic question. From the onset of adulthood and up to 70 years, 40 percent of muscle mass is lost due to the decrease in the fibers that compose it. Muscles play an important role in the calorie burning process, in fact, they burn more calories than fat (even at rest), so the combination of regular exercise with weight and a diet rich in protein will keep your body in tune To compensate for this tissue loss, while keeping you consuming calories for longer. Thus,
According to fitness nutrition experts the idea is to consume more calories and better quality . In this sense, some of these experts recommend increasing daily intake between 300 and 500 calories more than the daily requirements if you want to increase muscle mass. So, to achieve your goal of increasing muscle in a healthy way, you must follow a diet to gain muscle mass.
Essential nutrients to gain muscle mass
If you want to increase muscle mass quickly , these are the nutrients that must be included in the diet designed to achieve it, since its properties and functions will help us in this goal:
- Proteins: Proteins are macronutrients that directly impact on the growth and regeneration of muscle tissue, so their consumption is indispensable in a diet to gain muscle mass. Lean meats, fish, eggs, skim milk, Greek yogurt and cheese are the most popular protein foods, but beans, lentils, soy milk, white beans and chickpeas are also high in protein .
- Unsaturated fats: help metabolize adipose tissue, in addition be a source of energy and allow fat-soluble vitamins to reach our body. Dried fruits, olives, avocado, olive oils, corn, sunflower and soy, as well as avocado, are foods rich in unsaturated fats.
- Carbohydrates: to gain muscle mass requires intense training and carbohydrates give the body the energy it requires to meet these physical demands. Rice, pasta, potatoes, fruits, wheat flour and bread are some of the most popular sources of carbohydrates.
- Antioxidants: Its function, among others, is to prevent cellular deterioration by the effect of free radicals, as well as favor recovery and regeneration of cellular tissue in muscles. Berries, broccoli, green tea, tomatoes, garlic, bitter chocolate, carrots and grapes are some of the foods that most contain them.
What diet to follow to increase muscle mass
It is very healthy and recommended to eat between 5 and 6 times a day, for this, in this diet that we propose we are going to offer you the possibility to distribute the amount of daily food in 5 times throughout the day. The diet options to gain muscle mass that you will find below represent a daily consumption of about 2500 calories. Now that you know which foods increase muscle mass and that you can consume, you can make variations to not be bored:
- Breakfast: a piece of fruit with a spoonful of yogurt and three granola (a mixture of cereals and nuts), a ranchero egg with half a cup of natural tomato sauce, a corn tortilla with a spoonful of olive oil.
- Lunch: a cup of black chocolate ice cream and a small cereal bar.
- Food: a cup of pasta soup, two tortillas, a baked potato with a spoonful of grated cheese, a salad of green leaves with a quarter cup of chopped nuts and two tablespoons of vinaigrette and a dessert flan.
- Snack: four salty crackers with cream cheese.
- Dinner: two portions of vegetarian pizza and a banana.
- Breakfast: oat flakes or cereals with skimmed milk or almonds, toasted with olive oil and ham, infusion or coffee with milk and brown sugar or honey. A piece of fruit.
- Lunch: natural fruit juice, infusion or coffee with milk sweetened with honey, toast with jam and butter or peanut butter, tuna sandwich with lettuce, a serving of nuts (what fits in the palm of the hand).
- Food: vegetables with potatoes, rice or pasta, eggs or meat cooked by choice, a serving of salad with olive oil, a piece of cheese or dessert of choice, bread and coffee or infusion.
- Snack: repeat the same as the morning.
- Dinner: cream of vegetables or vegetable soup with potatoes, cooked fish of choice with potatoes or rice, a piece of bread to accompany and for dessert a curd with honey.
This or any other diet to gain muscle mass must be accompanied by adequate hydration and specific training. In addition, from a How we recommend you download the 8fit APP , where you will find the best personalized diets made by a team of experts at your service in addition to helping you to follow an exercise routine. It is advisable to go to a nutrition specialist who guarantees an adequate calorie intake to achieve this goal according to the age, gender and fitness of each.